Sunday, November 3, 2013

Cholangiocarcinoma and cholangitis

A 50 year old lady had developed obstructive jaundice over the past few months and had been admitted with recent onset of fever. She was found to have a mass lesion near the area of confluence. She had no co-morbids. On ERCP, our guidewire couldn't initially go beyond the proximal CHD. The cholangiogram showed the CBD and CHD, along with the sharp cutoff at the proximal CHD (A: white arrow). The cystic duct was also outlined (A: green arrow). The guidewire was finally placed across the strictured part after a few attempts and contrast injection outlined the full biliary tree. The right and left ductal systems were dilated and a stricture was seen just below the confluence (B: white arrow. This would seem to be a Bismuth Type I lesion). After dilatation with a 9 French graduated dilator, we passed a 12 cm long plastic stent of 10 French diameter to drain the biliary system. She will continue to recieve antibiotics and will be placed in our weekly multidisciplinary meeting for review and eventual surgery.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing, I was fighting my cancer. A week after I turned 45 I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer that spread to my liver. It was a long hard journey but July 19 will be 5 years cancer free after drinking Dr Itua herbal medicine. I wish the best for anyone with cancer and I will recommend Dr Itua to anyone with cancer and Dr Itua will cure you completely. I’m thankful I meant Dr Itua Stay on them about the ox platinum that can leave you with permanent damage. They backed down on mine after drinking dr itua herbal medicine and I don’t have any permanent side effects. Much love from California stays strong . If you have any questions You can write to Dr Itua Herbal Center on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Second (actually 3rd) ERCP for post transplant biliary leak

This 60 year old gentleman had earlier undergone ERCP and stenting for an anastomotic biliary leakage a few months earlier http://ercp365.bl...